Ketogenic Diet – Everything You Need To Know About Keto Diet to Start Keto Diet is in this video! Justin Soultatos shares his top tips and educates us on the benefits of the Ketogenic Diet!!
For more Health tips video, please follow us on Instagram
Notes: (time 0:00)
Today we are going to talk about Everything You Need To Know About Keto Diet.
• The ketogenic diet (often termed keto) is a very high fat, low carb, and moderate protein diet. (0:59)
• It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake, and replacing it with fat. This elevation in fats and reduction of carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis. (1:18)
• Your body normally runs off glucose(sugar) or fat. The problem with running off sugar is most people consume too much. In return, there body in time will break down and cause all types of conditions. Cancer and many more. (1:29)
• When your body runs off fat, your body becomes incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy. (2:08)
• Sugar is normally stored in fat. So, we want to burn off the fat to keep the body running optionally.
Now before we go any further when we say fats I don’t been a bunch of garbage fats. Don’t think it’s time to run to your favorite fast food joint, even though there are few of these place that do have a few Keto options.
The Fats that’s you want to incorporate in your Keto diet are health fats: (2:31)
Avocado, Coconut Oil, MCT Oil, FISH OIL, Flax seed oil, Olive oil, Healthy grass fed animal fats and more!
Here are 4 flexible ways you can do the Ketogenic diet – depending on what your goal is: (3:08)
• Standard ketogenic diet (SKD): This is a very low-carb, moderate-protein and high-fat diet. It typically contains 75% fat, 20% protein and only 5% carbs (Max results)
• Cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD): This diet involves periods of higher-carb refeeds, such as 5 ketogenic days followed by 2 high-carb days. If your looking to build muscle on a Keto diet this I believe this is the best way to go.
• Targeted ketogenic diet (TKD): This diet allows you to add carbs around workouts.
• High-protein ketogenic diet: This is similar to a standard ketogenic diet, but includes more protein. The ratio is often 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs.
The ketogenic diet is often combined with intermittent fasting.
Top 10 Benefits of a Keto Diet (4:48)
1. Clear and healthy skin.
2. Reduces inflammation.
3. Fat lost speeds up metabolism… gets rid of all unwanted weight fast.
4. Satisfying – shedding the extra baggage and not starving yourself to do it. And the keto food options are amazing-Appetite Control.
4. Great for Neuro and cognitive function – Brain needs health fats
Keto was originally created for people who have epilepsy and many people have become seizure free… by switching to a Keto diet.
5. Lots of energy.
6. It has practically no sugar so there are many positive effects such as starving off parasites, bad bacteria, many studies show that it’ll starve off cancer cells which will assist your body to heal.
7. Lower blood pressure.
8. Lowers cholesterol.
9. Blood sugar control.
How long should you I do the Ketogenic Diet for? (7:17)
From all the research I have done, I believe you can do it indefinitely. BUT for maximum benefits, you want to cycle off it every 21 days. Why would you cycle off it? Well, you see, if you do any diet for too long you your body gets used to it and the benefits start to slow. I have learned to trick your body, by switching to a new healthy diet (still always low in sugar) the equation for 30 days – then cycle back to keto. This will turbo charge your metabolism, maximizing the benefits, and keep your body running like a well-oiled machine!!
If you want to try some Keto recommended food, please check out my affiliate links:
Premium MCT Oil – http://amzn.to/2mGSATw
Trader Joe’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil – http://amzn.to/2DHkKpA
Barlean’s Organic Lignan Flax Oil – http://amzn.to/2mBkaBM
Carlson The Very Finest Fish Oil Lemon – http://amzn.to/2mDRjwx
Trader Joes Crunchy Almond Butter Salted – http://amzn.to/2FLjFxC
Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter – http://amzn.to/2mFARvP
Puroast Low Acid Coffee House Blend Drip Grind – http://amzn.to/2DJ1bgZ
If you like the video on Ketogenic Diet, please give it a big “thumbs up”, if you would share it with a friend. I would love to know your thoughts on rebounding in the comments below -I would love to hear from you.
Thanks so much for all your SUPPORT- I will see you next video!!
The Video Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.